PLNU is known for its high-quality science and mathematics programs, and has designed Science Honors' Weekend to encourage students to pursue their scientific interests, help them make informed decisions about their futures, and provide an opportunity to compete for a limited number of science honors' scholarships. Invitations to the event are based on GPA and SAT/ACT scores.
The weekend is packed with activity and will give a great overview of PLNU and its science and mathematics programs. Students come away with an increased knowledge of college life, a sense of the PLNU community, new friendships, and quite possibly a substantial scholarship.
Science Honors' Weekend is for:
- Students in the fall of their senior year of high school
- Option A: Those with GPAs of at least 3.8 (weighted average) and ACT composite score of at least 29 or SAT score for evidence-based reading and writing + math is 1320 or higher
- Option B: Those that have a 4.0 GPA or higher.
- Option C: Those with 3.75 or higher GPAs in math and science courses.
- Those that are available for the entire program.
Please note we gather student names for Science Honors' Weekend invitations from the PLNU database in early November, so to be on the list you need to have begun your PLNU application and declared a major in biology, chemistry, biology-chemistry, environmental science, mathematics, information systems, computer science, physics or engineering by then.
If you are a high school senior, meet the above minimum qualifications, are interested in studying one of the above majors, and would like to be considered to participate in next year's Science Honors' Weekend, please register below.
Need more information?
For BCHM, contact LeAnne Elizondo at email@example.com or (619) 849-2205 (email is preferred).
For MICS/PHY/ENG, contact Stephanie Krahenbuhl at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 849-2219 (email is preferred).