Dr. Carsten Hennings joined the Fermanian School of Business (FSB) in 2018 as an associate professor of management. He came to PLNU with 17 years of experience working internationally for different professional organizations, as well as teaching for various universities. Specifically, Hennings worked as an Institutional Bond Salesman and Bond Market Researcher for CTI Capital Inc. in Montreal and Toronto. He also served as the Director of International Health Programs for Health Partners International of Canada in Montreal and a consultant for and the Director of International Health Partners (UK). His academic career began when he started as an assistant professor of business at The King’s University in Edmonton, AB. He also taught and served as the Chair for the Department of Business at Tyndale University. As an associate professor of management here at PLNU, Dr. Hennings specializes in strategic management, business ethics, and corporate social responsibility.
- D.B.A., Management, Anderson University
- Master of Divinity, Wycliffe College
- M.B.A., Finance and International Business, McGill University
- M.S., Mathematics, McGill University
- B.S., Mathematics, McGill University
- Corporate Social Responsibility - BUS 6019
- International Business - BUS 6035
- Leadership - BUS 6045
- Leading with Integrity - BUS 6048I
- Strategic Management - BUS 6095
- Principles of Management - MGT 2012
- Strategic Management - MGT 4088
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Professor of Management, 2018 - Present
- Tyndale University, Van Norman Chair of Business and Chair of Department of Business Administration, 2012 - 2018
- Tyndale University, Assistant Professor of Business Administration, 2007 - 2018
- International Health Partners (UK), Director and Consultant, 2004 - 2007
- The King's University, Assistant Professor of Business, 2001 - 2004
- Health Partners International of Canada, Director of International Health Programs, 1997 - 2001
- CTI Capital Inc., Institutional Bond Salesman and Bond Market Researcher, 1990 - 1994
Professional and Community Involvement
- Christian Business Faculty Association, Member
- Academy of Management, Member
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Hennings, C. (2016, July/August). Between scarcity and abundance: Resource stewardship in a broken world. Faith Today, 21.
- Kelsall, D., & Hennings, C. (2015). Austerity and fiscal prudence are health issues. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 187(14), 1029-1029. doi:10.1503/cmaj.150950
- Hennings, C. (2015, October). A Christian Perspective on Social Exchange Theory. Poster session presented at the 2015 Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Virginia Beach, Virginia.
- Hennings, C. (2014, October). Is company giving becoming more strategic? Results of a panel data analysis of US corporate donations to their corporate foundations for the period 2001-2010. Presentation at the 2014 Christian Business Faculty Association Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee.
- Hennings, C. (2013, September). Christian ministries and business practices: Choosing wisely from the management and leadership “buffet”. Presentation at the CCCC Leadership & Stewardship Conference, Mississauga, Ontario.
- Hennings, C. (2008). Review of the book Ecoholic. Your guide to the most environmentally friendly information, products and services in Canada, by A. Vasil. Canadian Family Physician 54(5): 744–745.
- Kelsall, D., & Hennings, C. (2007). A call for mandatory aid project registration: Who's doing what and where? Canadian Family Physician, 53(11), 1841-1842.