Dr. Diana Sjostrom has 32 years of experience in private practice treating people struggling with depression, anxiety, and stress-related illnesses. She also has been counseling couples, families, and pre-marital relationships. Sjostrom is a certified bioenergetic analyst; she understands how the body is the outer expression of the unconscious and how this can be related to health and relationship issues in marriage. She works with individuals and couples to find resolution to unresolved emotional and thinking conflicts. She applies the Christian understanding of marriage to give a strong spiritual dimension to healing and conflict resolution. Her goal is to help people learn to be authentic genuine members of the Body of Christ.
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, USIU, San Diego, Calif.
- Certified Bioenergetic Analyst, Southern California Bioenergetic Society
- M.A., Psychology, USIU, San Diego, Calif.
- Psychology of Personal Development – PSY 101
- Group Counseling – PSY 341
- Group Dynamics – PSY 345
Experience in Field
- Professor of Psychology, Point Loma Nazarene University
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, Association of Christian Therapists
- Member, International Institute for Bioenergetic Analysis
- Founder, San Diego Bioenergetic Society
- Marriage Workshops at Whispering Winds Christian Center
- Personal Growth Workshops at Whispering Winds Christian Center
- Founder, Actualizing Assessment Services
- Presenter on marriage assessment at San Diego APA conventions
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Transforming the Character of Marriage
- Finding Your True Self in the Sacrament of Marriage
- Marriage — God's Challenge to Grow into Emotional Maturity
- How Sexuality Develops Spirituality in Marriage
- Conflict Resolution and Peacemaking
- Emotional Poverty in the Family