Dr. Frank Ogle joined the Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling (MACC) program as an adjunct professor in 2017. He came to PLNU with nearly 19 years of counseling and teaching experience. Specifically, he has worked as a clinical therapist at several mental health companies, including Lighthouse Psychological Services/Center for Enriching Relationships, Sharp HealthCare’s Mesa Vista Psychiatric Hospital, and Del Sur Crisis Center where he served for 18 years, 13 of which he held a position as Assistant Program Director. Dr. Ogle has served in a variety of clinical settings including inpatient programs, outpatient programs, and in private practice. Dr. Ogle teaches courses at the graduate level, with subjects including Ethics in Practice, Maladaptive Behavior & Psychopathology, Psychodiagnostics, and Supervised Practicum.
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Union Institute & University, 2009
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, National University, 1998
- B.A., Psychology, National University, 1997
PSY621 Psychodiagnostics and Mental Health Disorder Treatment
PSY695-697 Supervised Practicum
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Professor, 2016-Present
- Azusa Pacific University, Adjunct Professor, 2010-Present
- Argosy University, Adjunct Professor, 2009-2014
- Center for Enriching Relationships, LMFT, 2017-Present
- Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Therapist, 2016-Present
- Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Per Diem Therapist, 2013-2016
- Isis Crisis Center, Assistant Program Director, 2003-2016
- Lighthouse Psychological Services, LMFT, 2006-2016
- Isis Crisis Center, Senior Residential Coordinator, 2002-2003
- Isis Crisis Center, Residential Coordinator, 2000-2002
- Isis Crisis Center, Part-time Residential Coordinator, 1999-2000
Professional and Community Involvement
- California Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Treatment of Chronic Schizophrenia. Grand Rounds: Community Research Foundation. May 2008.
- Ethics in Psychological Testing and Cultural Issues. Bethel Seminary, April 2006.
- Global Assessment of Functioning; Evaluation in a Crisis House Setting. Community Research Foundation in multiple facilities. Spring 2004.
- Substance Related Disorders. Bethel Seminary. August 2004.
- Cognitive/Affective Disorders-ADHD & Treatment. Point Loma Nazarene University. June 2004.
- Changes to the DSM: From the IV to the 5. San Diego, 2014.