I obtained a J.D. from Howard Law after graduating from the University of San Francisco with a B.A. in mass media communications. Thereafter, I obtained an LL.M. in Trial Advocacy specializing in federal criminal defense from California Western School of Law. I proudly served San Diego County as a public defender for 13 years. I now serve as the founding Executive Director for Community Advocates for Just and Moral Governance (MoGo), an impact litigation organization that focuses on racial and social justice.
Beyond the courtroom, I serve on the City of San Diego’s Commission on Gang Prevention and Intervention where I chair the Gang Documentation committee. I am a volunteer attorney for the California Innocence Project and am President of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association. I also serve on the Board of Directors for the David’s Harp Foundation, a local nonprofit that transforms the lives of “at-risk” and homeless youth through the power of music.
I am the founder and Lead Empowermentor of Motivation.InLinks to an external site..Action (MIA), a professional motivational speaking firm. Through MIA, I empower individuals — especially women and young people — to “write their own stories” and to live on purpose. For me, MIA is not just a business, but a ministry.
- J.D. from Howard Law
- California Western School of Law., LL.M., Trial Advocacy specializing in federal criminal defense
- University of San Francisco, B.A. in mass media communications
- SCJ4023 Constitutional Foundations
- SCJ4013 Criminal Law
Experience in Field
- San Diego County Deputy Public Defender
- Executive Director for Community Advocates for Just and Moral Governance
- President of the Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association
- Board of Directors for the David’s Harp Foundation
- Founder and Lead Empowermentor of Motivation in Action, a professional motivational speaking firm
Professional and Community Involvement
- City of San Diego’s Commission on Gang Prevention and Intervention, Chair for the Gang Documentation committee.
- Volunteer attorney for the California Innocence Project
Awards and Honors
- Inducted into the Women's Hall of Fame in recognition of her transformative activism (2021)