Expert-level leader with business and IT transformative skills in, IT strategic planning, organizational leadership, cost-optimization, business process improvement, analytics supporting commercial operations, and financial growth of multi-sized organizations. Experienced in business development, sales, service delivery, portfolio management, customer satisfaction, and project and program management within business and IT. Strong understanding of the business value and use of data analytics and reporting.
- Specialized Regulatory Knowledge: Compliance attainment and reporting for healthcare and life science companies; security/privacy requirements (HIPAA, GDPR), Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and reporting and, Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act.
- Business/Technology Framework: LIMS, ERP, CRM, MES, High Performance Computing, Big Data, Data Warehouse, Cloud computing (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, Storage Arrays, and Disaster Recovery.
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Framework ~ IT Service Management (ITSM) ~ IT Governance ~ Cybersecurity ~ Cloud
Select Industries: Commercial health care, Life Sciences, Government, higher education, Public Works, Manufacturing
- M.S., Information Systems, San Diego State University
- B.S., Business Management, University of Redlands
Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Program Management – CIT 334
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor of Computer Information Technology, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA. 2017 to Present
- Adjunct Professor in Computer Information Systems, University of Redlands, Redlands, CA 1999 to 2001
- Consulting Partner, Teradata, Inc. San Diego, CA. 2017 to Present
- Vice President, Information Technology, Sequenom, Inc. San Diego, CA. 2013 to 2016
- Sr. Director, Information Service, Shire Pharmaceuticals, La Jolla, CA. 2010 to 2013
- Sr. Director, Information Technology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA. 2008 to 2009
- Director, Consulting, Gartner, Inc. Stamford, CT. 2000 to 2008