Dr. Konzen is the director of the Center for Sexuality in San Diego, CA. She is a licensed marriage and family therapist, a certified sex therapist through ABCST (American Board of Christian Sex Therapists), and a certified chemical dependency counselor. She is also a nationally award-winning researcher, an international speaker, the author of The Art of Intimate Marriage and Redeemed Sexuality, and an adjunct professor at Alliant International University, San Diego and Bethel Seminary, San Diego.
- Psy.D., Marriage and Family Therapy, Alliant International University, 2014
- M.A., Marriage and Family Therapy, Alliant International University, 2009
- B.A., Musical Theatre and Vocal Performance, Arizona State University, 1987
- CST, Certified Sex Therapist
- CCDC, Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor
- Eating Disorder, Neurological Assessment, Music Therapy, Play Therapy
PSY660 Human Sexuality
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor, Alliant International University
- Adjunct Professor, Bethel University
- The Intimate Marriage: Intensives and Workshops, Nationally and Internationally
- International Speaker on Sexuality
- For further teaching experience, please refer to CV
- The Center for Sexuality, Director, 2012-Present
- Center for Enriching Relationships, Therapist
Professional and Community Involvement
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, MFT #51241
- Certified Sex Therapist with the American Board of Christian Sex Therapists (ABCST)
- Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor (AIU)
- Professional Associate Member of the American Association of Sexuality Educators Counselors and Therapists (AASECT)
- AAMFT, CAMFT, and AACC Clinical Member
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Konzen, J. (2017). Medical and Biological Aspects of Sex Therapy, CER (Center for Sexuality), San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2017). Sex Therapy for Couples impacted by Trauma and Adverse Sexual Events in Childhood and Adolescence, IVAT (International Violence Abuse and Trauma), San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2017). Addiction and Sexual Dysfunction, STEM (Sex Therapists Educators and Medicine), San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2015). The EIS Model of Sex Therapy, STEM (Sex Therapists Educators and Medicine), San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2014). Client Centered Sex Therapy Using a Theoretically and Empirically Based Model, AASECT (American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors, and Therapists), Monterey, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2013). Shame and Sexuality for Married Christian Women, Poster Presentation at National Counsel on Family Relations, San Antonio, TX.
- Konzen, J. (2012). Graduated Intimacy Therapist Training, The Center for Sexuality, San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2011). Graduated Intimacy, STEM (Sex Therapists Educators and Medicine), San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J. (2011). The Intimate Marriage, AAMFT CA Student Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Konzen, J., & Konzen, T. (2017). Redeemed Sexuality. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J., & Konzen T. (2016). The Art of Intimate Marriage. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J. (2014). The EIS model: A mixed methods research study of a multidisciplinary sex therapy treatment (Order No. 3642199). Available from ProQuest Dissertations & Theses Global. (1629461631).
- Konzen, J. (2012). Graduated Intimacy: A Guided Intervention for Improving Verbal Sexual Intimacy. San Diego: Konzen Publishing.
- Konzen, J. (2012). Teaching and Modeling Conflict Resolution. Retrieved from https://www.sdcoc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=212:childrens-teaching-and-modeling-conflict-resolution&catid=50:childrens-ministry&Itemid=185