Judy Holmes joined Point Loma in early 2018 as an adjunct professor for the Master of Science degree in Organizational Leadership. Before Point Loma, Dr. Holmes was an Institutional President for a Multi-Campus Institution for over 10 years. Her tenure with her previous employer expanded almost 30 years, starting with a position in Financial Services and progressing into Fiscal Officer and then into Campus Leadership positions as Campus President and then eventually the Institutional President. She has experience teaching in both online and on-ground programs at several Universities. Leadership, communications, operational effectiveness and helping others grow professionally are some of Dr. Holmes’ passions. She also enjoys spending time with family, cooking, baking, gardening and tending to her chickens.
- Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership, Argosy University—Sarasota
- M.B.A with an emphasis in Leadership Studies, Baker College
- B.S in Human Resource Management, Friends University
- SOL609, Leading and Building Teams
- SOL620, Practice of Leadership
- SOL631, Graduate Writing & Research
Experience in Field
- Edaccelerated, LLC, Chief Operations Officer, 2017—Present
- Brown Mackie College—Salina, Institutional President, 2007-2017
- Brown Mackie College—Salina, Campus President, 1996-2007
- Brown Mackie College—Salina, Fiscal Officer & Financial Aid Coordinator, 1988-1995
Professional and Community Involvement
- Kansas Board of Regents Private Career Colleges and Schools Advisory Committee, Board Member and Chairman of the Board
- Salina Christian Academy, Board Member
- Ashby House, Personnel Committee Chair and Board Member
- Salina Chamber of Commerce, Inter-City Visiting Team and Workforce Development
- Red Cross, Volunteer Marketing Chairperson for blood collection activities
- American Business Women’s Association, past member
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Holmes, J.L. (2011). Personality Traits of College Admissions Representatives as a Predictor to Job Performance. Argosy University—Sarasota, Sarasota, FL
- Holmes, J.L. (May 2016). “Noel Levitz: Student satisfaction trends and analysis.” Presentation to Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. & Smith, D.K. (2015) “Credit Hour Ascription: Meeting the new USDOE requirements.” Presented by invitation to the EDMC system of colleges and universities. Webex.
- Holmes, J.L. (November 2015). “Marketing strategies and trends.” Presentation to Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. (2014). “Technology in the Classroom.” KSAL 1050 Radio talk show.
- Holmes, J.L. (2014). “Community Partnerships: How to develop and be an influence within the community.” Presented to Salina Business Leadership Forum.
- Holmes, J.L. (August 2014). “Student attrition: Initiatives for improvement.” Presentation to Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. (October 2014). “Don’t allow outside noise interfere with your direction in life.” Presented by invitation to Missouri/Kansas Association of Private Career Colleges and Schools.
- Holmes, J.L. (July 2013). “Student Advisor Training Guide.” Unpublished manual.
- Holmes, J.L. (April 2012). “Composite score index: Institutional financial responsibility.” Presentation to Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. (June 10, 2011). “Strategic planning framework.” Presentation to the Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. (July 2011). “Strategic persistence plan: Impacting for results.” Presented by invitation to Brown Mackie College Leadership conference (Webex).
- Holmes, J.L. (September 2011). “Life is change. Change is inevitable; Growth is optional.” Presented by invitation to American Association of University Women.
- Holmes, J.L. (October 2011). “Institutional decision-making structure.” Presentation to the Brown Mackie College Board of Trustees.
- Holmes, J.L. (April 2010). “Exceptional leadership.” Presented to Brown Mackie College – HLC Group.
- Holmes, J.L. (April 2008). “Management succession planning: A strategic plan.” Presented to Brown Mackie College – HLC Presidents.
- Holmes, J.L. (August 2006). “Advancing an Engaged Workforce.” Presented at Brown Mackie College President Conference.