Dr. Kim Hogelucht began teaching in the Fermanian School of Business (FSB) in 1996 as an adjunct faculty member after earning her M.A. in speech communication from San Diego State University. She became a full-time faculty member in 2006 as an assistant professor of business, earned her Ph.D. in leadership studies and education sciences from the University of San Diego in 2011, and was promoted to professor of business in 2014. During her tenure at PLNU, Hogelucht has been actively involved in university-wide and FSB committees, in addition to teaching the FSB's upper-level administrative communication courses and directing business internships. She is currently the chair of the FSB Assessment Committee, where she successfully led the implementation of a new undergraduate assessment plan during the 2015 – 2016 academic year. In addition to her teaching and committee involvement, Hogelucht has continued her research in business internships and assessment practices, most recently winning best paper and best presentation awards at the ACBSP International Conferences in 2013, 2014, and 2015.
- Ph.D., Leadership Studies and Education Sciences, University of San Diego
- M.A., Speech Communication, San Diego State University
- B.A., Speech Communication, Iowa State University
- Administrative Communication – BUS 313
- Business Internship – BUS 489
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Professor of Business, 2006 – present
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Faculty, 1996 – 2006
- San Diego State University, Adjunct Faculty, 1994 – 2000
- University of San Diego, Adjunct Faculty, 1996 – 1999
- Mira Costa Community College, Adjunct Faculty, 1994 – 1998
- Grossmont Community College, Adjunct Faculty, 1998
- San Diego State University, Teaching Associate, 1992 – 1994
Professional and Community Involvement
- PLNU's Faculty Resource Committee, Chair, 2016 – present
- FSB's Assessment Committee, Chair, 2009 – present
- FSB's Undergraduate Committee, Member, 2009 – present
- FSB's Experiential Learning Committee, Member, 2016 – present
- Office of Global Studies Departure Orientation, Speaker, 2014 – present
- Student Success Collaborative, Member, 2014 – present
- Faculty Retirement Dinner, Coordinator, 2014 – present
- Graduate and Extended Studies Committee, Member, 2013 – 2016
- Faculty Council, Chair, 2014 – 2015
- Faculty Council, Vice Chair, 2013 – 2014
Awards and Honors
- Best Conference Paper, ACBSP International Conference in Barcelona, Spain, 2015
- Best Conference Paper, ACBSP International Conference in Athens, Greece, 2014
- Best Conference Presentation, ACBSP International Conference in Brussels, Belgium, 2013
- Teaching Excellence Award, ACBSP Region 7, 2012
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Hogelucht, K. S. & Marshall, L. (2017, April). "It Takes a Village:" A Look at One Department's Effort to Successfully Involve Its Faculty in the Important Process of Assessment. Presentation at the WSCUC Academic Resource Conference, San Diego, California.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2016, November). Preparing Business Students to Stand-Out in the Career Search Process by Leveraging Study Abroad Experience. Presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Cancun, Mexico.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2015, November). The Use of ePortfolios as a Creative Way of Displaying Knowledge and Experience in a Business Internship Class. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Barcelona, Spain.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2014, November). Unique Business Assignment Fosters "Partnerships" Between Students and Business Professionals Leading to Internship Offers and Career Affirmation. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Hogelucht, H. S. (2014, June). Strategies for Student Engagement and Retention in a Business Communication Hybrid Course Pilot. Presentation at ACBSP Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Hogelucht, K. S. & Lehman, S. (2014 April). The Value of Effective ePortfolios. Presentation at WASC Academic Resource Conference, Los Angeles, California.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2013, November). Strategies for Student Engagement and Retention in a Business Communication Hybrid Course Pilot. Paper presentation at ACBSP International Conference, Brussels, Belgium.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2013, October). Unique Networking Assignment Gives College Students an Edge in the Job Search Process. Presentation at CBFA Annual Conference, Bourbonnais, Illinois.
- Hogelucht, K. S. & Lehman, S. (2013, July). Tips on Transitioning to the Use of Live Text ePortfolios for a College Business Internship Course. Presentation at Live Text Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2012). What I didn't learn in college: A field guide to employment for the college student. Saarbrücken, Germany: Lap Lambert Academic Publishing.
- Hogelucht, K. S. (2011). Tapping the hidden job market through informational interviews: A qualitative examination of students' and professionals' perspectives. Saarbrücken, Germany: Lap Lambert Academic Publishing.