Professor Havens earned a MA in Mathematics from San Diego State University with an emphasis in education and BS in Engineering Physics from Point Loma Nazarene University. While he has always enjoyed the study of abstract mathematics, he is also passionate about the field of education and applied mathematics. His goal is to make sure that mathematical theory is relevantly tied into other fields, especially within business and the sciences.
Professor Havens has taught college mathematics in the greater San Diego area since 2012, including PLNU, SDSU, USD, Southwestern College, Grossmont College, and Cuyamaca College. He has many hobbies, including sports, gaming, traveling, music, and playing with his puppy Winston. His favorite sports include bowling, basketball, tennis, and football.
- M.S., Mathematics, San Diego State University
- Graduate School Preparation, Purdue University
- B.S., Physics and Engineering, Point Loma Nazarene University
- Intermediate Algebra – MTH 113
- Fundamentals of Elementary Mathematics II – MTH 223
- Problem Solving – MTH 303
Experience in Field
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, Point Loma Nazarene University, San Diego, CA, 2014 – Present
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, Grossmont College, El Cajon, CA, 2013 – Present
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, Southwestern College, Chula Vista, CA, 2013 – Present
- Adjunct Professor of Mathematics, Cuyamaca College, El Cajon, CA, 2015 – Present