Lisa Balderston enthusiastically joined the PLNU faculty in 2021. In addition to teaching college composition, she enjoys being a playwright. In 2019, she won a stage reading of her play, TRANSPORTED, which is now scheduled to be performed in a live stage production at a San Diego theatre in early 2022. Lisa received The Scripteasers Honorable Mention for her short play, THE SUM OF SISTERHOOD. In addition, her play, CELEBRATION OF LIFE, was requested for a stage reading. She has recently completed two full-length plays, MANUEL AT MIDNIGHT and LIFE BY NUMBERS. In her spare time, she volunteers as a judge coordinator at a local theatre, serves as a script reader for the Playwright Project and is an active Board member of the Mira Mesa Town Council. When Lisa isn’t working or writing, she enjoys spending time with her loving husband and two sons.
- M.A., Creative Writing and Literature, Farleigh Dickinson University
- B.A., English, San Diego State University
- College Composition, Research - WRI 1016
Experience in Field
- Supplemental Instruction Leader/Instructional Assistant/Tutor, San Diego Miramar College
- Creative Writing Instructor (volunteer), Jewish Family Service of San Diego