Maria George is an adjunct for the Child Development Program at PLNU. She has been in the field for over 15 years of experience in the field as a preschool and elementary teacher, community health educator, and as a research field manager for a project through the University of Buffalo. As an Adjunct Professor, Maria has taught various health and child development classes at community colleges throughout San Diego County. She has over 10 years of experience teaching college students and adults. She started teaching College students during her studies at UC Berkeley and UCLA as a teaching assistant for various undergraduate courses.
- M.Ed., Early Childhood Education – NORTHERN ARIZONA UNIVERSITY
- M.P.H., Behavioral Sciences and Health Education – UC LOS ANGELES
- B.A., Microbiology and Immunology – UC BERKELEY
Professional and Community Involvement
- NAEYC, member
- Feeding America, volunteer
- San Diego Unified School District, volunteer