My wife Paige and I have been married for 27 years. Paige is a Financial Consultant. Our oldest son Matt is a Financial Planning Associate. Our youngest son Jake sells real estate and officiates basketball in the NBA’s “G League.”
My passions, in my spare time, are basketball officiating, outdoor activities, and travel. I retired as a NCAA Official and continue to officiate for high schools. Our most recent travels took us to China for three weeks.
As an alumnus of PLNU, it is great working for a faith-based University. I look forward to our journey together in the weeks to come!
- M.P.A., Public Administration, National University (1993)
- B.A., Accounting, Point Loma Nazarene (1989)
- FBI National Academy (2016)
- Fusion Centers Leaders Program, Naval Postgraduate School (2016)
- Supervisory Leadership Institute (2006)
Adjunct Instructor, Miramar College, Administration of Justice (1999 – present)
- I’ve taught for almost 20 years for the Regional Police Academy, the Detentions Academy, and for Sheriff’s In-Service Training. I’ve taught Firearms, Emergency Vehicle Operations, Ethics, Leadership, Report Writing, Codes & Statutes, Physical Fitness, as well as an Introduction to Criminal Justice.
Adjunct Instructor, Point Loma Nazarene University, Criminal Justice (2018 – present):
- SCJ 300, Justice in a Complex Society
Experience in Field
In July 2018, I was honored in becoming the Director of Public Safety for Point Loma Nazarene University.
Prior to my present position, I worked for the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department for almost 29 years. I had a variety of assignments which included 12 years as a deputy, 10 years as a sergeant, and 7 years as a lieutenant. As a lieutenant, I held five assignments which included:
- Academy Director for San Diego’s Regional Police Academy
- Intelligence Led Policing
- Intelligence Commander (Secret Clearance)
- Substation Commander (“Police Chief”) for the city of Imperial Beach.
- 2nd in Command for the city of Vista