Dr. Randal Schober began at PLNU in 2009 as an adjunct faculty member before becoming a full-time associate professor of management in 2014. He came to PLNU with over 20 years of experience in for-profit and not-for-profit executive leadership and entrepreneurship. As the former executive director of SurfAid, he provided much-needed humanitarian programs to remote islands in Indonesia. Schober also gained valuable experience while serving as the founder and executive director for HeadNorth, director of education for EFI Sports Medicine (TotalGym), and exercise physiologist at Sharp Memorial Hospital. During his time at PLNU, he has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in entrepreneurship and international business, has been involved in a number of Fermanian School of Business committees, currently serves on PLNU's Faculty Governance Committee, and is the lead faculty advisor for the Entrepreneurship Club. In addition to his teaching and committee involvement, Schober is a current board member for several local San Diego nonprofit organizations and has focused his research on innovation and entrepreneurship, presenting at the last two USASBE annual conferences.
- Postdoctorate Education, Entrepreneurship & International Business, University of Florida
- Ed.D., Exercise Physiology, West Virginia University
- M.S., Human Development, West Virginia University
- B.Ed., Physical Education and Science, University of South Australia
- International Business – BUS 480
- Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset – BUS 672
- New Venture Creation – BUS 676
- Entrepreneurship – MGT 382
Experience in Field
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Associate Professor of Management, 2014 – present
- SurfAid USA, Executive Director, 2010 – 2014
- Point Loma Nazarene University, Adjunct Professor, 2009 – 2014
- Headnorth, Executive Director, 2007 – 2010
- Avviso LLC , Founder and CEO, 2004 – 2007
- EFI Sports Medicine, Director of Education, 2000 – 2004
- Sharp Memorial Hospital, Exercise Physiologist, 1998 – 2000
- University of North Carolina Wilmington, Assistant Professor of Health Education, 1996 – 1997
- West Virginia University, Graduate Assistant and Researcher, 1992 – 1996
Professional and Community Involvement
- FSB's Undergraduate Committee, 2018 – present
- FSB's Experiential Learning Task Force 2018 – present
- PLNU's Faculty Governance Committee, Member, 2016 – present
- Fermanian School of Business (FSB) MBA Committee, Member, 2014 – present
- FSB's Innovation Initiatives Committee, Member, 2016 – 2018
- FSB's Global Initiatives Committee, Member, 2016 – 2018
- Launch Point Club, Faculty Advisor, 2014 – present
- San Diego International Sisters Cities Association, Associate Board Member, 2016 – present
- Fund Your Future, Board of Directors, 2015 – present
- California Business Leadership Network, Speaker
Dissertations, Presentations, and Publications
- Schober, R. (2018, October). Introducing the 'What-A-Venture' Innovation Software Platform. Presentation at the Magna Teaching with Technology Conference, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Schober, R. (2018, January). Validating the 'What-A-Venture' On-line Tool. Presentation at the United States Association of Small Business Entrepreneurship Annual Conference (USASBE). Los Angeles, CA.
- Schober, R. (October, 2017). The Christian Entrepreneur. Poster Presentation at the Christian Faculty Business Association (CBFA) Conference.
- Schober R. (June, 2017). Developing an Entrepreneurial Mindset. Presentation at the Western Healthcare Alliance, Grand Junction, Colorado.
- Ressler, J. & Schober, R. (2016, January). Embedding Innovation: PCI Innovation Case Study. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Schober, R. (2016, January). Accessing Autonomy and Entrepreneurial Orientation at Three Managerial Levels. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, San Diego, California.
- Schober, R. (2015, January). Inspiring Entrepreneurship on a College Campus. Presentation at United States Association for Small Business and Entrepreneurship Annual Conference, Tampa Bay, Florida.