Thank you for your interest in staying at the Alumni House. We are currently only accepting reservations for the Guest Cottage. The main house will remain closed until further notice.
On-campus accommodations for PLNU alumni are provided through the Alumni House, with a guest cottage overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
Alumni House Tour
You can now view available dates by viewing the Alumni Guest Cottage Calendar. Please check the calendar before requesting dates. We will have wait lists if your desired dates are booked. For information and reservations, please fill out an Inquiry Form or call (619) 849-2586.
The suggested rate for staying in the Guest Cottage is $75 a night. The funds generated by the Guest Cottage go toward alumni-endowed student scholarships, faculty grants for research and curriculum development, Alumni House furnishings, and supporting other alumni programs.
Please note some of our updated policies for the Guest Cottage:
The Guest Cottage can be booked up to 6 months in advance
- The Guest Cottage will only be available Thursdays through Sunday (checking out Monday)
- There will be a two-night minimum
- The Guest Cottage can be booked for up to 2 guests
- Payment can be made by credit card or check only
- A Smart TV is provided in each room, however, we no longer offer cable TV
- The PLNU Alumni House reserves the right to cancel a reservation in the rare event that circumstances are deemed necessary by the university.
Stay at the Alumni Guest Cottage
You can also contact our office via email at email@example.com. Please note it may take up to 48 hours to review your inquiry.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidelines
Before your visit, we suggest you visit our PLNU Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information website for more information on the latest updates on COVID-19 and any impact to the PLNU campus.
To protect the health and safety of our community, it is our policy that Alumni House and Cottage guests should not check in if any of the following are true:
- You are actively infected or have tested positive with COVID-19 in the past 30 days
- You suspect you are sick or have been exposed and are awaiting test results to confirm or deny a diagnosis of COVID-19
- You are showing symptoms or are concerned about possible infection of COVID-19
- You’ve had close, sustained contact with an individual confirmed or suspected to be infected with COVID-19, within the last 14 days*
What to do if you test positive for COVID-19 during or after your stay
If you recently tested positive for COVID-19 or have started to feel any COVID-19 symptoms, please consider informing the Alumni Office who may have been impacted or potentially exposed, in addition to relevant local authorities.
Thank you for your understanding as we work to keep PLNU safe for our community.
Alumni House Policies
Staying at the Alumni House is a privilege provided to alumni of PLNU. *If you are not an alum of PLNU, but are a parent of a current student, you may make reservations by calling seven days before your preferred date of stay.
If you must cancel your stay, please do so at least 48 hours before your first reserved date — then it will not count as a reservation.
Children under 16 may stay in the guest cottage if accompanied by an adult. At this time, the guest cottage is the only room that can accommodate children. Although we love our furry friends, unfortunately we do not allow pets.
The Alumni House operates year-round except for during the Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks when the entire Alumni House closes.
The PLNU Alumni House reserves the right to cancel a reservation in the rare event that circumstances are deemed necessary by the university.
*PLNU alumnus/alumna: an individual who completed 24 or more units at this institution.
Exceptions: these policies do not apply to those who visit as a special speaker or guest of the university.
The guest cottage, which is separate from the Alumni House, has a small kitchenette and private bath. The guest cottage has one queen-size bed and all linens are provided.
The money generated by the Alumni House goes toward alumni-endowed student scholarships, faculty grants for research and curriculum development, Alumni House furnishings, and supporting other alumni programs.
- Complimentary WiFi
- Linens, towels and extra blankets provided (we do not provide toiletries)
- Smart TV (we no longer offer cable TV)
- Mini fridge (Guest Cottage)
- Coffee Maker
- Dinnerware & Flatware
View more photos of the house!
*In the event that your dates are not available at the Guest Cottage, we recommend considering PLNU’s hotel partners, Bartell Hotels, a group of hotels that offer discounted rates to the PLNU Community. A percentage of this rate goes back to help fund PLNU student scholarships. If interested, please visit www.plnupartnership.com.