The Wellness Center focuses on emotional and physical health, as well as preventive health education, by providing an array of services to undergraduate students at PLNU.
Our priority is to assist students in maintaining a high level of health and wellbeing as they accomplish their educational, personal, spiritual, and career goals. Wellness provides confidential primary medical care, counseling services and nutritional consultation for undergraduate students registered for classes on the main campus (charges for some medications and diagnostic tests may require a fee; charges are placed on the student’s account at the time of service). Graduate Students and Adult Degree Completion Students are welcome to contact Wellness for assistance with referrals for access to medical and counseling services through off campus health care providers and community resources.
Services We Offer
- Free, confidential primary medical care and nutritional consultation (some medications and diagnostic tests may require a low fee, charges are places on the student’s account at the time of service)
- Professional Medical Team (Licensed Family Practice Physician, Nurse Practitioner and Registered Nurse)
- Assessment of Illness or Injury
- COVID-19 Testing
- LOMA CARE virtual, on-demand urgent care medical services
- Referrals to Local Healthcare Providers
- TB Testing
- Travel Medications
- Free, confidential counseling services
- Assessment of Depression, Anxiety, and other Mental Health related issues
- Crisis Intervention
- Individual Counseling
- Loma Care virtual, on-demand counseling services
- Wellness Telehealth Counseling (by appointment only)
- Well Track (interactive, self-help, psychoeducational modules and more)
- Referrals to Local Practitioners
- Support Groups
- Training and Educational Workshops
- Registered Dietitian consultations to help with nutritional needs while away from home
- Sports nutrition and performance
- General healthy eating and food choices
- Strategies for managing food allergies, intolerances, or sensitivities
Location and Hours
The Wellness Center is available for all patient services while students are on campus during COVID-19 crisis. We will continue to provide free, confidential, limited primary care health services to PLNU undergraduate students registered on the main campus. In an effort to keep our campus safe and healthy during the COVID-19 crisis, we are unable to provide walk-in appointments. If you feel ill or have an injury and would like to make a medical appointment call the Medical Triage Hotline: (619) 849-2280. For all other inquiries call the Wellness Front Desk at: (619) 849-2574.
Wellness Medical Services are located in the Wellness Center, Nicholson Commons, First Floor, San Diego Main Campus; Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., 1:30 – 4 p.m.; closed during the summer and on university holidays. LOMA CARE is available 24/7, for on-demand urgent medical care and counseling services.
Counseling and Registered Dietitian services are located in the Bond Academic Center.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 12:30 p.m., 1:30 – 4pm. Evening and telehealth appointments are available. Call (619) 849-2574 or visit the Bond Academic Center during business hours.