Do you love history, even if it’s not your major? Phi Alpha Theta is a national honor society for students from any major who have a passion for history. Through travel, discussion, research, and good old fun, Phi Alpha Theta provides stimulating opportunities to broaden your knowledge of history.
To promote scholarship and create an atmosphere where intelligent ideas can be exchanged, especially through research.
What is Phi Alpha Theta?
Phi Alpha Theta is a national history honor society for students from any major who love the discipline of history. The society encourages travel to historical sites, discussion, research, writing, and presentation.
Why should you join?
Students involved in the association will have the benefits of:
- Taking road trips to historical sites such as Cliff Dwellings, Central Coast Missions, the Huntington Library, the Getty Museum, and more
- Attending research conferences
- Receiving invitations to hear renowned historians speak on the PLNU campus
- Submitting papers for review and publication
- Kicking back at historical movie nights
- Attending discussion dinners where they can present their research and broaden their knowledge of history
2016–17 Leadership Team
Kaitlin Kizzar, President
Darsha Pigford, Vice President
Kristofer Labenske, Secretary
Cesar Carrasco, Treasurer