Are you interested in international development as a career? Take a look at these opportunities and resources to further your education in international development, nonprofit management, leadership, and related fields of study.
Recommended Graduate Programs
Point Loma Nazarene University: San Diego, CA
University of San Diego: San Diego, CA
M.A. in Nonprofit Leadership and Management
M.S. in Global Leadership (hybrid)
M.A. in Peacebuilding
M.A. in Peace and Justice
Ph.D. in Leadership Studies
University of San Francisco: San Francisco, CA
M.S. in International and Development Economics
Eastern University: Saint Davids, PA
M.A. in International Development (hybrid)
M.B.A. in Economic Development (online)
M.Div./M.A. International Development
M.Div./M.B.A. in Economic Development
M.S. in Nonprofit Management (hybrid)
Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership (hybrid)
University of London: London, UK
M.A. in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies (online)
Articles and Blogs
- On international development: article from The Development Set and response from the Stanford Social Innovation Review
- On humility, collaboration, and the why of what leaders do: My Charity > Your Charity from the blog: Smorgasblurb by Chris Horst, VP of Development at HOPE International
- Problems with and alternatives to "voluntourism" trips: 7 Reasons Why Your Two Week Trip to Haiti Doesn't Matter: Calling Bull on "Service Trips"
- Tearfund's Footsteps Magazine: information, ideas, contacts, and experience in a Christian context at grassroots level
- Philanthropy University: Free online courses through Hass School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley to earn a Certificate of Completion in Social Impact Leadership
- Idea Labs: Offered through University of San Diego's Center for Peace and Commerce for free to San Diego students to prepare them to start their own social enterprises and enter the Social Innovation Challenge
- Acumen: A global learning community for social change makers; free courses, including Social Entrepreneurship 101, Networking Leadership 101, Making Sense of Social Impact, Business Models for Social Enterprise, and Financial Modeling for the Social Sector
If you would like to meet with Dr. Rob Gailey or a staff member of the Center for International Development to discuss your questions or interests, please let us know. To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (619) 849-2786.
Partner With Us
Your donation to the Center for International Development will help bring important speakers to campus, send students to relevant conferences, and facilitate internship/job opportunities for our students/graduates who engage in global poverty alleviation, innovative nonprofits, and social enterprises. Help us help students to use business to serve the least of these!