Support for your faith journey
Being surrounded by excellent professors and an engaging student community are part of what makes PLNU so incredible. But when you add in our commitment to grow in faith together, you have a college experience that has it all.
The Office of Spiritual Development at PLNU provides ministry opportunities both on and off campus, and a place where students can ask questions, share life, and live missionally. Whether you prefer small group settings, service projects, missions, or music — we've got you covered.
Our guiding principles give students and university staff members a better idea of who we are and how we do what we do. Together, we:
- Experience God's Love. Knowing the love of God through Christ is the core of all we do. God's love inspires us to see the inherent value in every individual.
- Commit to Each Other. We embrace opportunities to belong and share in faith within the global, local, and campus community.
- Serve and Engage. When we experience God's love, we engage in service. When we serve, we experience compassion. When we experience compassion for each other, we grow in faith. When we grow in faith, we experience God's love. Service and engagement is reciprocal.
- Reflect, Respond, and Reflect. Practice discernment. We reflect on Scripture, tradition, reason, and experience as we discern how to live faithfully as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Believe in Real Life Change. We seek authentic and healthy transformation by the power of the Holy Spirit through a holistic faith journey.
News and Events
Kujenga Congo Lent Giving Campaign
Lent is the traditional Christian season of heart preparation and repentance, 40 days that immediately precede the Easter feast. This season is marked by fasting, by repentant prayer, and by giving alms to the poor. The practice of fasting gives us time to pray and remember our utter reliance on God. In prayer, God motivates giving. While many rightly give to charities for an acute need or disaster, PLNU gives annually through the work of the church to serve people who suffer the ongoing tragedy…