Military Aid

In addition to the options below, here are a few outside resources that may assist military students and veteran beneficiaries:

Military Children Scholarships


ROTC participants, please contact your ROTC unit to determine your eligibility.

Air Force ROTC


Marines and Navy ROTC

Your unit will submit an authorization list every semester. PLNU will invoice your unit after the last day to drop a semester course.

VA Benefits

Veterans Administration (VA) benefits are awarded to veterans of the Armed Services and dependents who qualify. Please visit the Veterans Affairs website or your local office for more information and to begin the application process. VA awards must be certified by the university. For further help and processing your certifications, please contact us.

Students who are 100% eligible for the Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill® are authorized to receive up to $26,381.37 in VA monies for the 2023–24 academic year. Yellow Ribbon likely will cover any remainder.

Read more about VA benefits.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at

Yellow Ribbon 

The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008. The program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the U.S. to voluntarily enter into an agreement with the VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the highest public in-state tuition rate. PLNU will match up to $10,000 of remaining tuition and fees charged after the primary Chapter 33 tuition benefit has been certified and verified by the VA for the school year.

Read more about the Yellow Ribbon Program.

Active Duty Assistance 

As an Active Duty service member, you may be eligible to use your tuition assistance for your education program. For full details regarding how to use tuition assistance and how each service manages their respective Tuition Assistance Program, please visit your command or unit education officer, or visit this link.

Prior to your course enrollment, you may be required to develop an education plan or complete TA orientation. Be sure to keep the following important information in mind when you apply:

  • Military tuition assistance may only be used to pursue degree programs at colleges and universities in the United States that are regionally or nationally accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the U.S Department of Education. 
  • Your service’s Educational Service Officer or counselor must approve your military tuition assistance before you enroll in a course.

Looking for forms, documents, or want to talk to someone about Financial Aid?

Visit the Office of Student Financial Services