Student Consumer Complaint Process
PLNU takes complaints and concerns about the institution very seriously.
For distance education students, complaint information by state and agency is available here.
State authorization is a formal determination by a state or U.S. Territory that PLNU is approved to conduct educational activities regulated by that state. Please refer to the map below to view information about educational activities that may be prohibited. In certain states or U.S. Territories, PLNU is unable to offer distance education courses or internship/field experience opportunities.
State Authorization Map Color Key
For additional information on authorizations, refund policies, adverse actions, and complaint contacts, please click on the color-coded button located on each state.
- Green: Distance Education Allowed and Internships Allowed
- Yellow: Distance Education Allowed, Internships May Be Allowed
- Brown: Distance Education Allowed, Internships Not Allowed
- Purple: Distance Education Not Allowed, Internships Allowed
- Blue: Distance Education Not Allowed, Internships May Be Allowed
- Red: Distance Education and Internships Not Allowed
- Orange: Distance Education and Internships are Allowed for select programs only
The refund policy from your state can be accessed by clicking on your state of residence.
Point Loma Nazarene University is physically located in the State of California. If you are considering an academic program that leads to Professional Licensure or Certification, it is strongly recommended that you seek guidance from the appropriate licensing agency in your state or U.S. Territory of interest BEFORE enrolling in the academic program at PLNU.
The following programs at PLNU may prepare students for Professional Licensure or Certification in the State of California, and/or may prepare students for employment in fields wherein Professional Licensure or Certification is required in the State of California. PLNU cannot confirm whether or not specific programs meet out-of-state requirements for Professional Licensure or Certification.
College of Extended Learning
- Master of Arts in Clinical Counseling (MACC)
School of Education
- All Bachelor and Master Level programs
- All Added Authorizations and Credentials
Blended Programs: Single Subject Teaching Credential
Art Education, B.A.
Cross-Disciplinary Studies, B.A.
Exercise and Sport Science, B.A.
Music Education, B.A.
School of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: LVN to BSN
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: RN to BSN
- Master's of Science in Nursing
- Post MSN Certificate Program
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
Fermanian School of Business
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
College of Natural and Social Sciences
- Master of Science in Athletic Training
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
Teach-Out Policy & Procedures
For a breakdown of the Teach-Out Policy click here.