Program Start Date(s):
Summer 2023 - April 19, 2023
Fall 2023 - August 9, 2023
Spring 2024 - December 13, 2023
All applications submitted after this date will be reviewed based on availability of space.
Worried about the GMAT?
Eligibility for a GMAT waiver can be discussed in more depth with a PLNU admissions counselor.
Connect and Learn More
Don’t let the GMAT cause you to stumble. Sign up today for our free 4-week course to acquire the skills and confidence you need to excel on this important exam.
The Selection Process
The educational context at PLNU will challenge you to live a full life that integrates the pursuit of knowledge with beliefs, values, and actions. While honoring diverse perspectives and beliefs, Christian values and principles are woven into the educational experience. We understand your application is not only a reflection of you as a student; it reflects you as a person. At PLNU, we holistically evaluate your academic history, work and life experience, background, and circumstances to determine admission into a graduate program. Your undergraduate GPA is an important piece of your application, but if you do not meet the minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 you may still be eligible for admission based on your application package as well as the exceptions policy.* Therefore, we strongly encourage you to contact your enrollment counselor, who will advise you regarding your qualifications and provide specific information about the admission-under-exceptions process.
To be admitted into PLNU's Evening MBA program, you must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, as evidenced by an official transcript that indicates the completion of an undergraduate degree.
GMAT waivers may also be available. Please contact a PLNU admissions counselor for more details.
If you have any questions about your qualifications or the program in general, we encourage you to contact your enrollment counselor.
*Exceptions Policy: If you have below a 3.0 GPA in your baccalaureate degree, you will need to speak with your enrollment counselor for more information on the exceptions materials needed for your particular program.
A completed application for admission to the program
Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution, as evidenced by official transcripts
Two letters of recommendation
A brief description of your professional work experience and how this experience will allow you to contribute to the program
Scores from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT). GMAT waivers may be granted to candidates who meet specific criteria that demonstrate readiness for our rigorous MBA program. Contact your enrollment counselor for more information about GMAT waiver eligibility.
Interview with the Program Director
- Evidence of basic knowledge of common professional competencies through transcripts (from regionally accredited institutions, with a GPA of at least 3.0) or completion of appropriate course prerequisites
Note: The application is completed entirely online with the exception of transcripts, which can be submitted electronically or directly to PLNU, and test scores, which should be submitted electronically.
- Submit online application for admissions (including $50 non-refundable application fee, which is waived for PLNU alums, current or former military and their dependents, and PLNU employees).
- Submit official transcripts with proof of earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.* (If you are a PLNU alumnus, please notify your counselor to have your transcripts retrieved. You do not need to request transcripts from the PLNU Office of Records.)
Official transcripts must be sent to:
Point Loma Nazarene University
Office of Graduate Admissions
3900 Lomaland Dr.
San Diego, CA 92106
Official electronic transcripts must be emailed to:
*Please note, official transcripts must be sent directly from the regionally accredited institution.
- Submit personal essay. See the essay prompt for the Evening MBA program in the essay section of the application.
- Submit official GMAT scores electronically to PLNU. The successful completion of a post-baccalaureate professional certificate program (e.g., CPA) or graduate degree program, or scores from another graduate admission test (e.g., GRE) may in certain circumstances replace the GMAT requirement. Please contact PLNU graduate admissions for additional information.
Already taken the GMAT? Use this website to send your scores.
Submit a resume/vita.
Submit two professional recommendations. You will be asked to register your recommenders by providing their name, title, and email.